Friday, January 25, 2008

Live from BibleTech!

This has really been fun so far. It's great to connect some people I know from online with their real selves. Some things I've learned:

  • James Tauber had a fascinating presentation, and I was able to talk with about some of the Greek linguistic work he is doing. (I blogged about it here.) He has some ideas about creating a Greek graduated reader that looks pretty neat based on his vocab usage studies.
  • I really need to learn CSS and redo my other web sites and in doing so make sure they are fully accessible.
  • I discovered YouVersion.com. It's an interesting way of creating a personal journal as well as engage with a community commentary on a biblical text. I have a pastor friend who is using a blog to read through the Bible with his congregation, but this YouVersion looks to be a more robust implementation.
  • There are a lot of interesting people doing interesting things related to the Bible. Open source is a repeated refrain.
I'll post quite a bit of material related to my presentation on biblical mapping tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this for those who could not get there posts from those of you who ARE are really good.

    ReplyDelete